Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, November 22, 2010

Early Morning Reds

Day 2 Monday 22

It is my second day here. I have survived the night again 100 yards from soldiers dressed like u.s. soldiers. Chuyita’s last words to me were to be careful of the soldiers’ violence.

I rinsed out yesterday’s dishes in the sea this morning by the light of the moon, washed my buckets, and my rags, while the horizon was yet to lighten.

Now the moon is holding up the sky to my right, as the sun is being gently tugged up by the pinks and reds of the horizon.

In the middle stars twinkle in the fading dark.

Yesterday, between my batteries leaking acid and empty of water, my broken clothes rack, my huge lack of Spanish, my pooping challenges – as in where to… my disappearing funds related to veggie oil, and soldiers I was feeling maybe this is too much for me.

Then Chuyita and her sister both, merely pull down their pants and pee wherever they find something to pee behind. The child doesn’t even notice so I know this is acceptable.

And my electricity works fine, so hopefully the batteries are a-okay...

Yesterday I told them I’m looking for veggie oil and they tell me sure, they know where I can get as many liters as I want!!!

And the soldiers have been respectful.

And they are going to introduce me to the lesbian they know in town! We are everywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home