Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Yavaros Day 1

It is still dark and I cannot find my cell phone clock but I can sense it is the right time to wake. I’m hearing womyn’s voices, FINALLY! Yeah!

I open the camper door and it is amazing – the east and west skies are both visible from this part of the ocean – maybe it is a bay – but I can see the horizon to the left lightening, getting ready to pull up the sun, the horizon to the right bright from the light of the full moon, while the rest of the sky is black with brilliant stars, or as black and starry as it gets with a full moon.

3 or 4 womyn walk by the road side of the truck. I greet them “Buenas Dias” and they return my greeting but do not stop to talk. I do not know if they are walking down the dirt road, which ends in about 100 years with a big boat and a small concrete building, to work or for exercise or to check out my truck & me.

The sunrise begins gentle and gorgeous. The same deep reds and blacks stretch across the horizon that adorn the sky at the falling of night. I hear a noisy boat go out onto the water and wonder if that is the womyn and they are fisherwomyn.

This must be a bay. There are no waves just a gently lapping onto the shore. The tide is definitely in this morning and I am camping about 30 or so feet from the edge of the water. I will put on my shoes and go for a walk in a few.

I am very happy to be here. Hermosillo was wonderful, but a city – where I did feel comfortable.

But driving in here last nite, in the dark, making dinner as the final red disappears from the sky, hearing the waves gently kiss the shore, the sea lions far away, guitars and singing in Spanish, I feel like I am now really on my Joiyssey.

I’m sitting out in front of my casa, on my stool on the sidewalk, sipping organic coffee, watching to my left, the giant red sun come up over the ocean, birds singing, diving, gathering their breakfast, while the water is gently lapping the shell and sand shore.

And I have internet! At least it says so. I THINK I emailed my daughter but that’s all!

I found this place in the dark - it's GREAT! Very pretty.

And someone’s car alarm is going off intermittently. There are like no human noises here, except the low hum of voices occasionally, and this damn car alarm off in the distance.

I have said Buenas Dias to another person who rides his bike this time on the sidewalk acera where I am sitting in front of the truck. He says something else, a question, and I say “Si” and hope it doesn’t get me in trouble.

The bathroom for pooping is the only problem I foresee here. Peeing in a jar is easy and then watering the bushes. But poop will be challenging. Time to get my shoes on and go look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home