Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Los Mochis, internet, and the search of oil!

I arrive in Los Mochis and as I’m driving two young men in a van pull along side me, speaking espanol rapidamente. But the gist is who are you, what is this beautiful mural, and where are you going?

We speak as we’re driving and I get caught at the red light. They stop in their lane ahead of me so I can pull next to them when the light changes. They actually speak pretty good english – I ask about a coffee shop with free wireless and they point to a row of businesses that we just drove by!

People are honking so they pull off and I go around the block to find the coffee shop. I park outside a hotel, just in case this is where I will spend the night, grab my computer and go look for the coffee shop.

It is closed. But I see a womon at another restaurant working on her computer. I ask her if she’s on the internet and she says no. I ask about a coffee shop, cafenia exactly and she says yes! There is one in this city.

Los Mochis appears to be more affluent – and much smaller although still a big city – than Hermosillo. I get directions to Cafenia (6 blocks away).

I ask her about aceite vegetal and she calls the person out of the restaurant but he says they do little frying and have even less oil.

On my way back to the truck, I go to a Sushi place and a hotel restaurant. Both places the people look at me as if I’m crazy. They want to send me to the supermarcado (supermarket). Even when I tell them, no USED oil for my TRUCK, they try to refer me to social services, I think. Hmmmm

Well, there are lots of restaurants. I have found Cafenia easily! YEAH!!! Free (with $1 coffee) internet! I will catch up with my emails, blogging, and ebay. Then hit the restaurants again!

And so the quest to do Mexico on veggie oil continues…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home