Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, November 12, 2010

Three nites, four days...

In addition to listening for dogs and traffic when picking out a street to park on for the nite, one must also be aware of rectangular iron covers sitting on the sidewalk - for they cover cesspools I think!

I went back to the first neighborhood I parked in last nite but failed to search the sidewalk for such covers, so whiffs of slightly perfumed breezes occasionally wafted thru my sleep. But I did get my 8 hours!

I can't believe I'm sleeping 8 hours thru the nite now. Normally I sleep 5 or 6. But I am. Last nite I had my first lesson with Rebeca and this morning my second espanol lesson with Ismael and two other students, both from China learning Spanish.

The other students work at a Chinese restaurant so I attempted to ask them in Spanish for their used veggie oil. I was not successful, altho the teacher Ismael attempted to help explain - to no avail.

So, this weekend I REALLY have to put my energy into finding veggie oil. I attempted to also find the one lesbian/gay bar but was also unsuccessful. "El Centro", where the bar is located with a big rainbow painted over the door, turns out to be a huge area but I will keep looking.

Now I am back at my espresso place. Pedro asked me today if I am known as a "hippie" to which I said maybe except I do not do drugs. He turned red and let me know I answered his question.

When it gets quieter in here, I will ask him about the present drug wars we hear so much about and get his view.

I have another lesson this evening at 5pm. Now I am heading to the park to check it out, hang out in the sunshine, and hopefully engage in conversation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home