Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Oh no, drug dealers????


Before morning dawns, I slip out to use the bathroom. YEAH! Real bathrooms! The strange man is still parked next to my truck. I plan on grilling him myself after the sun comes up.

The sun comes up and my night intruder is gone. I go happily to the agua caliente, skipping my morning run.

I’m disappointed there are already people in the hot spring. When I get closer, sin glasses, I guess it is Sabino. I can’t tell if he’s with another man or a womon.

When I get in, he introduces me to his wife, Maria. Yeah! I was planning on going to meet Maria today anyway. Sabino begins to talk with me in english. I tell him to speak Spanish because of Maria.

He tells me Maria spent 8 years in Las Vegas recently and doesn’t speak any english. I say why should she, she had her daughters and grandchildren to speak Spanish with.

I cannot decide whether to leave today or not. If I stay today, I will stay until the 1st because I do not want to be in Guadalajara on New Year’s Eve – not my scene.

Sabino hints something like the troubled teen’s father might be selling drugs and I decide I’m leaving. I ask him if he realizes how dangerous that is for the whole pueblo. He smiles and says do I know how hard it is to be Mexican in the u.s.

I tell him to please be careful. He tells me it is so peaceful and tranquil here, there is nothing to fear. He again welcomes me and tells me to stay as long as I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home