Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Saved!


I go the river with a large pot to get water to wash dishes.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see my new young would-be gangstah friend Flurenzio slip out of character and rush to intercept me. When I straighten up and turn towards him, he immediately stops running and slips, hands into pockets, into his casual jaunt over to me.

“Are you using that to cook with?” he asks in his monotone. I look at him and then the bucket of water, and say well, I was going to wash dishes.

He points to the right side of the bathrooms and tells me there’s a faucet there with good water. I shouldn’t use this water, it’s not safe.

I look at the water and sadly say it appears so clean and crystal clear. He says it’s not, it can hurt me, but the water from the faucet is good.

I smile inside as I dump the water and thank him for letting me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home