Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Sunrise Sunset


Did I mention the sun rises and sun sets both last for at least an hour here? Last nite the sky was brilliant, brilliant red, demanding everyone’s attention.

Then as the brilliant red seeped out of the jagged cloud cover, it spread softer, more even, over the whole horizon and even softer on the opposite horizon over the village, lingering for at least an hour.

This morning the sky right over where the sun will be turns just a tad lighter than the rest of the sky that is gleaming with stars. Then the reds and deep pinks and oranges begin long before there’s a hint of the actual sun.

I run for 30 minutes and the sunrise is still visible without the sun appearing. I climb back into my bunk and watch the sky from both my front and side windows, facing directly east.

The roosters crow in the distance sporadically for 2 hours and the sun finally appears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home