Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Wrong street…

The street next to walmart that looks so promising, is totally full where it dead-ends into the beach, with tons of cars, a bonfire, lots of folks – and yes, the ubiquitous car with speakers to rival outdoor stages, blasting music that is causing vibrations in all stationary things within a 30 foot radius.

I head back up the street and park across from the parking lot under the walmart building, about half-way to the main road. I open my windows and close the curtains, hoping my friend didn’t steer me wrong.

Almost as soon as I lay down, the late night crew arrives and begins playing load music. Another car, with the horn bleating rhythmically as if an alarm, seems to be right outside my door. It is not.

After 20 minutes of loud noise and lots of traffic, i figure out I must be in the center of early morning nite life – which might be why Miguel thought it was a good place to park – I decide to re-secure the camper for traveling, and head back to my original location on another road by the beach.

When I arrive, the roads are deserted although lit. I park perpendicular to my original spot so I cannot be seen from the highway.

Here I rest perfectly, comfortably, and unmolested, until early morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home