Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, February 24, 2011

I don't want to share this sacred planet with ... tbc

... people who are ready and willing to kill - rape, hurt, torture, destroy - other people.

I see these soldiers, police, federales, etc.etc.etc., uniformed head to toe in u.s. military gear, aiming horrible weapons as they drive around the streets, stand on corners, pose behind sandbags, cement walls, and cone barricades.

I know they were trained, armed, funded by u.s. imperialism, made vulnerable by conquistador genocide. And I wonder how did the people of this earth get to this point, how did we breed these 'human beings' in, and breed out the humans that respect, honor, and hold all life sacred?

I don't want to share this sacred planet with these men (and some women) who are willing to kill - for their president, their god, their king, their dictator, their country, their wealth - for what ever justified reason they have decided to kill, and ALL of them have justified reasons according to their point of view.

I don't want to share the planet with these men (and some women) who are missing that vital human part - respect, value, treasure and protect all life.

But first I don't want to share the planet with those men (and women) who are willing to PAY someone else to go kill for them; who are willing to spend their money on paying someone else to go out and kill for them - solely because they have 'accumulated' the wealth to do such: whether through exploitation of others labor thru genocide, enslavery, inheritance, bullying, taking advantage of the system in place before their birth, and all the ways in which the rich have become and stayed rich and ensured the oppression of others.

I think all these people should be sent to another planet - one that does not have sacred, beautiful life on it; that does not have waters gushing down crevices and mountain sides, rivers swelling and dribbling to wild oceans separating massing of land. One that does not have dawn and dusk, and a brilliant sun kissing away the dark night and stars at one end of the day while ushering them in at the other. One that does not have deserts and cacti, scorpions and lizards. One that does not have the highest peaks and broadest valleys, and tiny mice and giant elephants.

I think all these people should be sent to a planet that is made of weapons, piles of discarded shells and bombs, and obsolete, ineffective piles of machinery that can only kill a couple at a time. A planet where life is not created and protected, where life is not sacred and loved. A planet that will welcome chemical and biological 'warfare', all 'warfare' period. Where there are no little babies gulping their first breath of pure air, or old womon uttering their last farewell.

I don't want to be one of those people who supports war, killing, torture, rape, genocide, directly or indirectly, quickly or slowly, for love of country, life style, god, gluttony.

3 Comments:

  • At 5/3/11 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hugs to my wonderful Zanne.

    Stay clear of those gun totting crazies ok?

    hugs,
    Steph

     
  • At 25/3/11 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like to visit this planet you speak of because I sure haven't seen it.

    Instead of banishing them to another planet wouldn't it be better if the world was just peaceful.

    Obviously you were not shot so is it possible that you are not the intended target and that these people are there to protect you?

    I notice that people have strong opinions about guns/weapons yet when they need help they reach out to those with the guns.

    Just my 2 cents,

    Anonymous

     
  • At 3/4/11 9:35 AM, Blogger Xan said…

    Our world cannot be "peaceful" as you say, as long as there are men (and some women) in the world willing to KILL for what they want.

    I have NEVER asked to be "protected" by a man toting a gun; I will NEVER ask to be protected by men and their guns.

    Those men with their guns are in the world to protect the rich and wealthy, the interests of those corporations and regimes in power.

    Weapons have NEVER been used to protect poor people, womyn, children, the mother earth.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home