Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, July 30, 2012

Man ye den

Learning the language - or making a fool of myself.

Wolof: the original language of many Senegalese (before the French)
j ray giff - thank you

jraygiffity - very good

non ga def - how are you

Hadi - name of one of Jasi's friends

Isatu - name of the other one of Jasi's friends

man ye den - good bye

bal'ma - sorry, forgive me?

dafa danka - it's hot

dafa seda - it's cold

kay (rhymes with sky) - come

demal - go

no' tu do - what is your name?

man e tu da - my name is....

yo - you

fo' da ka - where do you live?

nyata (with a n like in manana) - how much?

balrena - too much

dedit - no

mil - 1000

diamrick - peace, good

cannie - pepper

horum  - salt

saff - spicey

bugina lu saff - i like spicey

dama - me

sona - i'm tired

horma - wait for me

yay - mother

dame - daughter

mame - grandmother

damagaheif - i am hungry

moitoul - be careful



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home