Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Fuckin media

Not trusting the bleary headlines, I had to slip my neighbor's paper out of its plastic sleeve this morning, careful not to leave fingerprints or un-original creases she might detect, to affirm what my unbelieving eyes had just viewed:

NO HEADLINES above the fold about the massive injustice that just happened in Florida; NO HEADLINES below the fold either!

Merely a little box, at the very bottom of the front page, along with several other little boxes the same size referring the reader to another page inside the paper.

I just rechecked on-line - after all, it was foggy, grey, cold this morning and my eyes aren't what they used to be. Maybe I made a mistake.

But no, NO HEADLINES even on the on-line version- just those little boxes along the side.

More racism!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home