Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! For now, I’ve returned from my Joiyssey to participate in the "revolution":I’ve been at many Occupy sites across the country:1st in D.C. Freedom Plaza I faced & challenged racism/white supremacy, sexism/patriarchy, classism, heterosexism & eventually was kicked off the island; then I offered workshops as I drove to CA:“Anti-Racism Geared for White Occupiers”; “NO DRONES” "Successes and Pitfalls of OWS"

Friday, May 23, 2014

What a way to start the day! to be continued

I call Derrick first thing this morning - he is so supportive and helpful, telling me to look at the rear wheels for brake fluid and to check my brake fluid level - all looks normal.

I decide to drive to the diesel truck place, which I'm so grateful is just a block off the freeway. No one is out and about, on the highway nor at the repair place but it looks like there are several on this little back-alley street.

I inspect the truck again, this time feeling the heat coming of the driver's side tire, I examine the wheel - it is not centered!






I panic and call Mr. Derrick! He tells me I just can't get a break/brake.... ha ha ah - wheel bearings! He tells me not to drive anywhere - thankfully, I'm already at the repair shop.



 I feel suddenly so thankful - I could have had a terrible accident. Now I have to wait for the mechanic to arrive. I'm HOPING they are working today, this Friday before a holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home