Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Real Men billboard



I’m getting a better look at this “real men” billboard now as I head toward the western part of Nebraska and fewer and fewer folks.

I’m thinking these are anti-womyn’s rights billboards, even tho the message is almost right-on.

This real man billboard sweetly states: “Real men love babies”!

A blond white guy w/a 2 day beard growth (maybe indicating he’s been there for 2 days of labor??? Or maybe it’s the style), hunches over his cupped hands holding, inches from his smiling blue eyes, a tiny perfect white newborn infant baby girl – that we know is being assigned a female gender as she has a a bright pink bow strapped around her hairless head. Her eyes are looking away from him and towards the highway.

But underneath all that heart-wrenching cheap emotional fantasy is the large words: “The heartbeat begins at 18 days” – as if this means something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home