Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Stalled under the full moon!

Full desert moon! & I'm broken down, waiting for the tow truck to haul me six more miles and $120 to El Centro, CA in the Imperial Valley.

Turbo blew, & the engine revved up to a zillion mph even tho I shut it off & pulled off the highway! I felt like the truck came to life & didn't need me to start the engine - the engine wouldn't shut off!

It was making sooooooo much smoke, so loud, so screeching, the minimal traffic on this desert stretch actually backed up and slowed to a crawl. I was expecting it to rise up off the ground in a few seconds.
Minutes later, before the smoke cleared or the engine finally died, highway patrol officers jumped out w/a fire extinguisher & the fire department sent three guys w/axes, hoses, & hats!

But Miguel was 1st on the scene, pulling his royal blue fancy car to the right and a few feet ahead of the truck, jumping out and proceeding to help: trying to disconnect the batteries, close off the fuel lines, detach the spark plugs - nothing worked!

Twilight zone.... but then the engine did die apparently running out of motor oil it was burning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home