Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Dementia 101


            It was 83 degrees this morning at 8:30, or so the digital sign on the bank said. I’m heading to the coffee shop I stopped at yesterday, as it’s right around the corner. I want to give Jane some resources for her feminist reading group she’s starting.
            Because it’s less than 2 miles away, and because after I drop by the café I’m planning to go to a nearby park to exercise for an hour & to pump veggie oil before I hit the road, I don’t bother to turn the truck onto veggie oil. The distance is too short.
            I stop at the coffee shop as planned and then head to a huge park where Jane says there is a nice, long wide dirt path around its perimeter.    
On my way to the park, I happen to glance down at my diesel fuel gauge and I’m shocked to notice that I’ve lost a lot of fuel. I look down at my switches on the floor and see that last night I must have failed to turn down the last veggie oil switch so all morning I’ve been dumping diesel into my veggie oil tank….grrrrrr.
Later, I’m driving to McAllen when a Goodwill sign on the side of the road pulls me into its parking lot. I find a great deal on a tent that is so clean it looks like maybe it’s been set up once in someone’s living room, that’s how new it is! I put it together in the parking lot before I buy it to make sure it’s all there and no rips. $7.98 for a new 4 person tent! I just so happen to be taking 4 children camping over anti-tanksgiving weekend so this is purrrrfect.
I go to toss it into the back of my truck when I’m once again shocked to see evidence of fresh veg oil leaking under the rollup door. To my horror I see that I neglected to put the cap back on the tank after I pumped veg oil into it at the park.
OMG – am I suffering early onslaught dementia….I even checked the reserve tank cap twice, making sure I closed it. But obviously, I didn’t check the main tank….GRRRRRR
I was just thinking last night how I have to double check myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home