Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, February 03, 2020

I don't understand...








In the huge parking lot at Trader Joe's, brilliant sun shining, brand new solar-charged battery pump, chill in the air, I begin to fill my veggie oil tank, the only one that is hardwired into the engine.

The pump springs into action, I'm sooooo relieved to hear, but when I check the oil flow, it looks like semi-liquid butter and not the beautiful clear oil I pumped into the tanks a couple days ago. I switch tanks, thinkin maybe another tank would be clearer but it all comes out the same semi-congealed mess.

I pump a little into a jar and send pics to my blessed veg oil guy across the country. He thinks maybe some coconut oil or meat fat has gotten into the tank and settled to the bottom, which is where I pump from. He thinks the system should be able to handle heating it up and running on it, so I continue filling my tank and once again hit the road.

I lost so much time trying to find an oil change place that now I'm concerned I won't be able to stop in El Paso as planned unless I make up for lost time. I'm feeling good and have Arundhati Roy's 30+ hours of her Seditious Heart essays to keep me on edge, so I think I can drive into the night.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home