Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, February 02, 2020

Oh no...what I forgot


I’m finally ready to leave around 3 or 4 pm I think. One last stop – trader joe’s and shit they’re out of my favorite organic jumbo eggs! I return home to grab my coffee mug which I had forgotten and finafuckinly I hit the road!
As I’m driving over the Altamont Pass I remember I’m running a quart low of oil – then that happens, I usually just get an oil change, whether I’ve gone 3000 miles or not, instead of adding oil.
Only it’s Sunday & I can’t find anyone open in Oakland or along the way to southern California that has my filter in stock & I totally spaced restocking my extra filters that I usually carry with me so I’ll have to go as far as I can tonite and wait until tomorrow to change the oil – crossing fingers I’m not damaging my engine, which I don’t think I am.
I run into 60-70 mph ‘gusts’ of winds mostly over the Tehachapi pass but also down I15 into Southern CA, the Santa Anna winds! I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep, given the irregular tossing of my truck but I do. In the morning I’ll head to an Isuzu truck deal & get an oil change!
I’ve only run into positive, supportive people thus far. I’ve also decided to change the message a little on the back of my truck from “Start working to save life” to “Start working to save Lives & Life” because I’m not just talking environmental justice but also all the lives we are killing along the border, in the countries we are bombing, and within our own borders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home