Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, March 16, 2020

Who will fix my Radical Ride Baby???

Relaxing at Yalui Village with my new friend Myra. I am very happy to be here, it is so beautiful, quiet, peaceful.
 

I am trying hard, in between solitary walks, coffee around the fire, sharing life stories, to find a diesel mechanic willing to come out here and at least look at my truck. One was supposed to come yesterday but never showed up - at least I don't think he did but when I called back, he suddenly was too busy to come.

Luckily I found another mechanic who said they would come by tonite at the end of the day.

Yesterday I walked across the fields to where a man was working on the irrigation and asked him - in my awful broke Spanish - if he would help me change my fuel filter when he wasn't working. It had been put on soooooo tight I couldn't undo it....grrrr. I was hoping against all hope that merely changing the filter my enable my poor sick Radical Ride Baby to spring into action.

He immediately put down his tools and went to his pickup truck, driving to meet me at my truck. He leaned over the wheel well, grabbed the filter and attempted to undo it. He couldn't get it off either. He retreated to his truck and came back with a larger plyer, which worked!

But changing the filter didn't seem to help much, if at all.

Today I will attempt to drive my truck this afternoon to the mechanic of my new friend's garage. He is not a diesel mechanic but if he can't figure out what is wrong with her, there's a diesel mechanic a couple blocks away.

So cross fingers: that I can get her started & drive 10 miles or so, and more, that one of these mechanics can get me back on the road, although I'm hearing that the border will be closed soon, which is soooooo so so not the answer. People across the border are suffering already and the refugee camp is just getting up to providing lots of basic necessities for folks. As of this point, I don't think there are c.v. cases in Mexico so it's good to keep u.s.ofa folks on this side but we need to somehow think of unique ways to provide for the people we've trapped in refugee camps....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home