Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Defray costs of food for refugees PLEASE

My second day at the Yuma border crossing continued.

We didn't have enough food today - I actually forgot to say that several refugees at the border today, dug deep into their pockets to hand us money, so grateful were they for the water and food and welcome we provided.

So I went to this green grocer store,totally lucked out and found amazing deals. For $65 I got enough tortillas to make 200 wraps, a 20 pound bag of rice, green salsa, and four cases of ORGANIC granola bars 6 boxes per case and 10 bars per box. I'm tired, can't do the math. Can you help defray this expense? Unfortunately, I already spent all the donation monies I collected before leafin California - mostly on shoes, blankets, socks, and granola bars.

I have a case of beans already but I'd love to buy a cooked chicken or two to add to some of the wraps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home