Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

old town truckee - to be continued

we set up in front of rows of businesses on main street old town truckee. store owners come out ot admonish us for selling shoes. we explain the action, invite them to read the tags. they retreat solemnly.

meter maid loves us; police have been called -she hears the call. she intervenes for us. police wait for a long time, on the opposite side of the street, before approaching only to confirm we are not selling shoes, not going to be there long. we direct their attention to study the shoes.

lots of pedestrians - the most thus far. at least 75% positive, the other 25% mostly indifferent, a couple hostile - especially tall, buff white male with short hair. as i recite mostly civilians, i can't say like you & me -but i say like me and us, sweeping my arm to include the other cp'ers and pedestrians. he gets it and leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home