Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, November 15, 2010

Revolucion ...

I arrive at Jung (the restaurant that will give me oil) this morning, proud of myself for finding a short cut (most likely the normal way). I am there before 8am.

The guy at the door is not expecting me. However he speaks a little English and I speak a little Spanish.

I am afraid I will be disappointed again but he makes a call to the manager who doesn't remember me but says, no problem, I can have as much oil as I want.

They change their oil every 10 days... They will change this afternoon but my new friend Alan thinks it's better if I return tomorrow morning.

He then tells me there was another group of 12 gringos who were driving a yellow bus that was totally vegetable oil-driven! So yeah!!! he's familiar with veggie oil vehicles.

I tell him I am 1 mujer and a pink truck! He tells me he might know of another place to get oil when I tell him I need 50 galones at least.

I am so pleased, I even make it to my Spanish class on time.

The parking lot at the university is closed, I am surprised to find. My teacher says it is a holiday today - although Saturday the 20th is the official holiday, everyone has off today, Monday.

It is the 100th year celebration of the Mexican Revolution. Viva la Revolucion! 200 years ago 1810, was the revolution against Spain; 100 years ago 1910, the revolution against corrupt government; 2010 - the revolution against???? Monsanto? the U.S.A.??? I HOPE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home