Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Door open or closed?


The sun turns into a bright orange and then red ball and the skies respond. There are wisps of clouds not unlike magnet shavings scattered across the face of that game we used to play Mr. Mask or something like that. The colors of the sun splash brightly around all the clouds, lingering for a long time after the sun disappears.

The parts of the sky still blue, turn that deep radiant blue, while the reds and pinks spread here too all along the horizon and higher.  I walk the entire length of the beach and back, humming with the changing shapes and colors.

And greet the several clumps of mostly young people – men outnumbering womyn 10 to 1 – partying along the shore. There is one group of older men playing songs. When I first hear them, I think it is yet another car with a loud radio – no glasses on this walk. But when I get closer I can see it is a small band. One man has brought his cello, two their guitars and a harmonica, and one a small accordion.

Everyone sings. I’ve noticed lots of everyday people sing and sing beautifully here in Mexico.

The road runs parallel to the ocean and several feet down from where I’ve scored a park, restaurants start on the opposite side of the road. There are some cabañas – what are those things called, 4 posts and a straw thatched roof – on the ocean side of the road, and one restaurant.

Where the road ends, on my side there are those nasty dune buggies farther down the beach away from us. At the very end of the beach on the other side, are the fishermen’s nets and a couple of boats – so they will most likely be out early in the morning.

AND a bathroom, one side for men, one for women. I HOPE it will be open early in the morning when I’ll really need it!

This is the only paved road here but down where there are lots of restaurants, it looks like behind the buildings there could be another dirt road, but I’m not sure. Most likely the people who work the restaurants live here.

I wish I felt comfortable enough to leave my outer door open tonite. The breeze off the ocean and the ocean’s song are wonderful to fall asleep to. But maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. Today, it is really busy, I’m told, because it is the weekend. But most likely during the week, it will be very under or unpopulated! Yeah!

The only issue is the internet – not the posting of my blog but helping Candice with EBAY so we can get the holiday money that’s out there – and maybe my Joiyssey can last a few months longer. Oh well, maybe I’ll go into La Cruz tomorrow and check out their internet.

Now that I am here and see my choices, I wish I would have taken the “free” road, although it might not have been totally free, I’m sure it would have been a hella more cheaper.

For sure when I leave here, I’m giving myself plenty of time and taking the free road on into Mazatlan next week!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home