Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Hunt for veggie oil: Day 2 –


I am almost as loathe today to start my hunt for veggie oil as yesterday. Of course I am much encouraged by the oil I did find, yet it will be after noon by the time I finish getting everything together even tho my day started way before 7am.

I spend the morning doing what womyn like me detest but which makes me feel closer to womyn here: I sweep! Hahaha! I do sweep out the truck, heat up water (because I don’t want to waste my filtered water), wash dishes, and generally clean my desk which has become the resting place of way too many things.

I dump my garbage into the can conveniently located a several feet from my truck, fortunately minutes before the garbage men come picking it up. I cringe to think they might search my garbage but they are too busy looking into another bag, thank goodness.

Thanks to my special organic farmer friend Miguel, I have organic avocado this morning, slathered in lime juice, jalapenos, garlic and some tomato chunks, wrapped in my last tortillas.

I sit on the beach, eating, on sand and sun that is hot but tolerable, listen to the waves crashing, and watch the boys staring at the water to suddenly race into the ocean on their little mini surf boards, catching the waves.

I move my truck into the shade of a giant condominium/hotel building on the road adjacent to where I slept last night. The sun is so very intense here.

Which is maybe why it seems the majority of people’s day doesn’t begin until late afternoon. I found the same to be true in Colima – maybe where the sun is so intense, people stay out and about until the middle of the night.

Or maybe because so many are on vacation, they swamp the streets, hang out at restaurants and coffee shops, young, old, babies, grandmothers alike, 11, 12, 1 in the morning. I feel comfortable walking around so late – if it wasn’t dark, it seems like mid afternoon on a weekend.

So starting my hunt today for veggie oil after noon will be fine. Off I go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home