Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday (dis)appointments...

I return to my casa-camion just before 8am. I get out my Spanish lessons and practice, practice, practice so I will be in top form when Belen arrives. I make breakfast for us, in between studying, of oatmeal with cinnamon and fresh bananas, and a pot of tea, as I know she doesn't drink coffee.

I do not expect her to be on time, but when 10am gets here, I think she is probably not coming.

I have two appointments today to return to for veggie oil. I decide to go to them and maybe Belen will have arrived by the time I return.

The old man who spoke english so well was not at the restaurant where I was to meet him. I am late but I still expect him to be there. The staff seems to know me, and know that I am looking for veggie oil quemada so that is at least encouraging.

My second appointment goes equally well. I have missed the owner, and on a Sunday morning too, so I have to return tomorrow.

Grrrrrr. Discouraged, I return to the truck, holding out a small hope that Belen will be there.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home