Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, October 08, 2011

Air & Space "Museum" to be continued

One of today’s big action targeted the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum that gives honor to the horrific weapons of war, genocide, and destruction, not just the Drones and UAV’s, but also atomic bombs and bombers.

Most likely a thousand people marched from Freedom Plaza, thru the mall to the museum. We had planned to enter the museum, gather where the drones are on display, drop a banner, and do a die-in under the drones.

Unfortunately, the private museum security freaked out when we were attempting to enter the building, pepper sprayed at least 25 people directly and 75 people indirectly, pushed people back out the doors, knocked a young womon over in the process and ended up arresting her.

First they charged her with assault but then changed the charges to a $50 fine for something less.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home