Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

We had an election? Dream on...

I purposely went off line last nite early, without looking for any election results or predictions.

This morning when I got up, I did my morning thangs, writing, ending with my slow jog around the grounds, before allowing myself to wonder about the election results.

It is with much trepidation I grab my computer, head to the wi-fi area, and go to democracy now.


I didn’t vote for Obama – but I find myself suddenly so overjoyed with relief when I see that he won this election, contrary to my fears.

Then I’m ecstatic, Tammy Baldwin beat out that asshole she was running against, Elizabeth Warren has won, and the ‘if it’s a REAL rape’ asshole lost – that the goddesses.

Is it true womyn went from 17 to a whopping 19 in the Senate? That's 19 percent, in case the math is troubling. And none of them womyn of color. I believe there's only been one womyn of color in the hallowed Senate, Carol Moseley-Braun, who was decimated in the late 90's, yes?

And four states legalize gay marriage! Two states legalize marijuana - the feds will be busy in the coming years!

But fuckin A California, gmo labeling defeated??? How the hell did that happen? And the death penalty still standing? Grrrr

Anyway, as I feel relief, I also feel hopeless and anxious - for once again, we can all pretend that we've done our job, elected a Black man, a Democrat into office, so we're free to go about our daily quest for the amerika nitemare, and not care about the working to tumble the empire that Obama has sworn to uphold.

Not care about the Somalians who were killed by U.S. drone strikes last week, or all the other people from all the other countries being murdered in the name of U.S. empire.

Not care about the "good energy" Obama is promoting, i.e. nuclear and coal... let alone keystone XL, fracking, 90% of ocean life dead/gone, etc.etc.etc.

At least if wilt had been elected, it would have inspired so many to get out into the streets and protest. Now we can continue dreaming, as in the amerikan nitemare.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home