Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, November 03, 2012

yikes - outta chocolate!!!!

I try to eat certain foods everyday, dark organic chocolate being number 1!!~~!! and I'm out... tears. I was trying to ration but...

With no one to have a conversation with, no protest to organize, I'll share instead what I eat when I'm traveling, camping at this wonderful national forest.

Every day I try to eat:

an apple
a handful of almonds
a radish
parsley
ground flax seed
fennel
cilantro
a banana dipped in cacao
popcorn air popped with turmeric, cumin, garlic, cayenne, nutritional yeast

Then when I cook, I try to steam everything & then add olive oil or coconut oil & use garlic, onions, black mushrooms.

I have rice and quinoa as my grains; sweet potatoes & kabocha pumpkins as my staple orange veggies, and plenty of Thai curry paste for flavor.

Finding the brand new Whole Foods - and the only store in Alabama that provides organic produce - I stocked up in Birmingham on beets, broccoli, arugula, turnips, rutabagas, celery, bok choy - and eggs. After 11 days, I am out of arugula, radishes, cilantro - and almost out of veggies. One more pot of curried veggies that I'll make on Monday, then I'll be reduced to eating my grains, sweet potatoes and pumpkin.

Which I can handle. I will stock up again when I go to the SOA around the 15th, if I can last that long. We'll see.

Besides focusing on food, I am beginning to practice my Spanish again! Yeah!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home