Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, November 02, 2012

Monsanto is goin down...

One tent camper! YEAH!!! I jog by on my morning run and then return with my 'camp host' vest on & paper work in hand.

This is an older white couple who have come from New York - upstate, I later find out, by Bingingham. They want to find a way to live in the warm parts of the country during the winter, returning to New York for the spring and summer.

When they find out I am in "the" truck, they both start talking excitedly at once - about Monsanto & how much they hate Monsanto.

The couple has had and raised 6 children! I can't believe it. I'm dying to ask why the hell they decided to have so many kids but we're talking Monsanto here.

Their oldest daughter, who is almost 37, clued them in to Monsanto several years ago & they are so informed!

It is wonderful to talk with out-of-state-ers who are progressive as well.

When we get to the "propaganda" that Monsanto makes it easier to feed people, I'm thrilled that I have debunked that myth so well that the next time I see them, Dave tells me he's thought a lot about that myth and is readjusting his perspectives.

I didn't even get to the point that even IF Monsanto is 'feeding the world', which they are NOT, the food they produce isn't fit to feed anyone or anything. grrrrrr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home