Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

The inside job


I’m wide awake these mornings 4:45, 5:00am – Sunday I woke at 4:15am – no matter how late I try to keep myself awake at nite.

This morning I take the short walk thru the damp darkness to the bathroom, the barest outline of the moon pushing thru thick clouds, like a thin bright sliver stubbornly glowing thru dark bunched hotel drapes.

It began to rain last nite a little after 6, just a slow infrequent drip or two, gathering sporadic strength throughout the nite to end around 3am. This morning the nite silence remains as the sky lightens, leaves sticking wetly to each other dampening the usual sounds of small animal scurries.

I think about how the forecast was able to confidently state the rain would start around 6pm – and I remember not so many years ago when I sold outside at flea markets being at the mercy of the skies and how the forecaster was so undependable it led my daughter to proclaim frequently over my fury at their ineptitude “Mom, just goes to show ya just can’t predict the weather”!

And even less years ago, I recall a friend of hers talking about how ‘they’ have learned how to control the weather, how ‘they’ can cause earthquakes in corners of the world where there have never been earthquakes, as in lands of suspected al queda headquarters, tidal waves where people are refusing to turn over their fresh water supply to bechtel and coca-cola, hurricanes where too many people have been devastated by imperialism and u.s. empire.

I remember feeling startled & so sad at the paranoia of this younger generation, as I was attributing such freakish weather to the millions of tons of bombs and depleted uranium we’re pounding onto the earth 7,000 miles away, the destruction of our atmosphere, our water, our lands, our oceans catalyzing more destruction.

For no man can control Mother Nature, or so I believed. Like believing the bay bridge could never fall, or my Mom would live forever?

For now, with another storm threatening on top of Sandy, how many people in New York City will be able to vote? Or on the eastern coast? In the ‘devastated’ areas of this land?

Only 22% of the registered voters are expected to vote anyway.

I know that both Cuba and Haiti have been really, truly devastated – and I know that this election is not offering us any real choices, as always in this country, but to have the thought cross my mind that controlling the weather can control the outcome of an election, is like having the thought cross my mind that 9/11 was an inside job.

But there are so many other ways they have to control the vote in this country. And when I look back over our real history, they've ALWAYS had many ways to control the vote. And we've always fought hard against their control.

Maybe it's time to take control. Rise womyn rise! As Julia Ward Howe 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home