Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Joanna

One of the women campers, a lesbian in any other state maybe, but married to a man in this state, approaches me as I'm on the internet.

It is getting chilly and we expect rain soon.Until now, I've only waved to her and her husband sitting in front of their campfire, as I remind them to keep their little dog on a leash.

She tells me that they will be leaving their camper but heading out on Monday so she can go vote. I am glad she is voting, but I'm afraid to ask who she's voting for yet.

As we talk, I find out they'll be coming back on Tuesday. She is a solid white womon with very white hair, casually dressed, casual hair cut, no makeup, down-to-earth! And I'm happy to talk with her!

I think she's the first womon I've talked with since I got here. She seems kind and open, not the typical older white womon I've run into here whose wealth and privilege seeps out of even their pressed jeans & $200 haircuts, and their oh-so polite (which I do appreciate) southern surface friendliness.

We talk a little more, before she takes her leave and returns to her campsite.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home