Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, July 28, 2017

The males I'm meeting this trip...

I get on the road again by 7:00pm as the brief yet thunderous rain storm has cooled everything off, thank the goddesses but still, I don't make it to the rest area at Las Cruces (another favorite spot of mine) until 11:00pm.

Another male, this time a tall Native man who later tells me he is 41, is standing by my truck waiting for me to return from the bathroom. He asks me if he can take pictures and of course, I encourage him to.

He identifies himself as Apache, an AIM activist, and an artist. We talk about racism and the reservations he is coming from and going to, the womyn being murdered at the Juarez/El Paso border, and the work he is doing to inspire especially young men to stand up and protect the Mother Earth. We talk about Standing Rock and Oak Flat. #SayHerName and the Native womyn murdered on the northern border of this country.

And he shows me some of his beautiful art work and again, I marvel at and treasure our interaction. How very fortunate I am to meet and experience sharing with these strangers who are my people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home