Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, February 28, 2018

LGBT Center Imperial Valley! Who nu?

So guess what? Here I am, sitting on the side of the highway, waiting on a tow truck that can handle my truck and haul me the final 5.8 miles to a diesel mechanic - crossing fingers! This is the mechanic who told me I could probably drive 25 miles from Ocotillo, where I first stopped in horror, knowing my truck was making a terrible, probably very expensive, noise.

I got 20 miles, no problem, but suddenly I heard a crash, and black and white smoke started billowing out of the tail pipe like scalding milk bubbling and overflowing a pan on high heat. The first tow truck that came attempted to haul my truck up upon a flatbed tow truck. I was like, "are you gonna make it under any overpasses" to his certain assurance. Yet the front wheels of his truck elevated as he tried to return the flatbed and my truck onto his truck. No way.

So now while I'm waiting another couple hours ,I decided to google ymca as it looks like I'll most likely be stuck here for a few - & guess what came up? Nearest Y is 53 miles away but 1.4 miles from the repair shop is the LGBT center of the Imperial Valley!

So that's where I'll be in the a.m.!!! Maybe my first reading will be in El Centro instead of Jackson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home