Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, March 16, 2020

To leave or not to leave....

My daughter finally calls me, wanting me to come to Atlanta this minute... & not necessarily because Mujasi's school has closed but because she's finally concerned re:the coronavirus or rather the government's response to it, threatening to limit our mobility.

I'm miffed because I was ready to go there last week. I had a safe place to leave my Radical Ride Baby and an easy direct Delta flight to Altanta.

Now I'm wanting to focus on my work - not her fears - at this border wall action and assisting at the Brownsville/Matamoros refugee camp.

Now my RRB is broken down and it's impossible for me to fly directly to Atlanta, let alone get to the airport. I could drive my truck 15mph, foot on gas and brake at the same time, hoping it won't stall at the airport parking lot, and leave her there but for how long?

Plus I'd have to take probably at least three planes - and one flight outta McAllen - would not be free/standby....GRRRRR

If travel is shut down, as my daughter fears it will be, I don't want to leave my Radical Ride Baby stranded here. My priority is supporting the tribe so I'm willing to leave my RRB at Yalui Village if that will be helpful.

HOPEFULLY I'll find a mechanic willing to fix her so I can either drive us both to Atlanta or make sure she'll be ready to drive when I come back for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home