Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Oy vey - more veggie oil blues

 I have stopped twice to sleep at different rest stops along I95 before I get to the D.C. and Baltimore area, as I know traffic will be challenging and rest areas noisy and basically annoying, without the pleasant greenery, short trails, and modern bathrooms of the more rural rest stops.

The last time I stop before heading off the freeway to take a toll-free route to PA is at a developed fuel, food and rest stop. We go inside, I use the bathroom while Mujasi frantically locates and downloads wifi, and then return to our camper to prepare and eat a meal. People are constantly streaming by, either friendly or silent - no one is cursing, attacking, or indicating solidarity let alone approval.

As we go to leave, the truck once again, refuses to start. I'm soooooo pissed, blaming myself and my limited resources contributing to making a poor decision. I ran veggie oil for about 50 miles, as I calculated that's how many more miles I'd need after the two tanks of diesel are consumed. I rationalize that I have the veggie oil, I just changed both filters so I'm starting a new round of veggie oil, so I should be a-okay.

Wrong. 

I had to open the cab, dig out the can of ether I had from the last time the engine wouldn't fire up, and have Mujasi spray it in the air filter while I cranked the engine. He did fine and the engine turned over and caught.

So off we go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home