Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Tuesday, June 01, 2021

South Carolina

Although I leave Atlanta when it's almost too dark to see the reactions of other drivers, I do get several cars pulling over to the side of the freeway until I pass and then speeding back onto the freeway to hang behind my truck. None of them pass me to pull in front and slow down but a couple honk and wave as they pass by, obviously for the second time.

I have been running veggie oil but just a couple miles before I'm planning on exiting the freeway to connect in person with a sistar white wombn who has been participating on my "What Will White Wombn Do To End Racism" zoom gatherings, my truck starts her hesitating action which is a clear time-to-change-my-filters message.

It's a little after midnite when I meet my commadre white wombn committed to anti-racism, show off my camper, and engage in an excited face-to-face exchange finally. After we part, I look under the cab and sure enough, the pre-filter is totally clogged....grrrrrr This doens't bode well for this veggie oil to clog the filter after only 200 miles.

But I get to clean the screen, re-insert in the housing, and continue across South into North Carolina. I can only run 100 miles on veggie oil before I'm having to switch to diesel. I decided to sleep for a couple hours at the North Carolina Welcome Center, whose toilets are open all night thankfully, before the sun comes up and I find an O'Reillys to buy two main fuel filters, then Tractor Supply and buy one pre-filter. 

Finding an empty lot, I change out both my filters and HOPE this will do the trick and allow me to run veggie oil the rest of the way to Philly.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home