Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

nevada city - to be continued

joined by several cp'ers, peace & justice folks - police drive by, both officers giving peace symbol. traffic going under bridge honks, even tho they can only see the backs of hot pink banners - they know we're standing for peace & to get out the vote.

newspaper and radio comes - hope to get good coverage -already on radio once!

as we begin packing up to head down to granite bay & doolittle's headquarters, police approach on foot. i hear officer saying 'good thing we're leaving' to cp'er. i challenge him. he informs me there is a city ordinance prohibiting shoes on the sidewalk.

i laugh with my eyes & face. he remains stolid. i ask him if he just pulled that one out of his hat or if he really knows there's such an ordinance. he gets red in the face & mumbles about obstructing the sidewalk. i laugh again and say of course, all protesters know about that ordinance -we're not obstructing the sidewalk. he is furious. he forces his card upon me as he announces i've been forwarned & i should let my supervisors know.

really a clown - i tell him i'm an independent operator, as are all feminists/womonists in this peace movement. he huffs off down the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home