Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

From the house...

the CodePINK house that is! This is my first time seeing the CodePINK House and it is AWSOME! Cynthia has been here for a couple of days and has begun to decorate! There are 3 stories, four bedrooms, a large living room, dining room and kitchen. We will be quite comfortable here.

Medea and Ann drop by – they LOVE the house and are hoping we can secure a long-term lease. CodePINK has wanted to have an activist house in D.C. for us to have a place to stay during the whole year and not just times like these.

D.C. is the power-hub of our country. I can’t think of the right word – it is not the brain and definitely NOT the heart, but it’s energy is enormous, colossal – and it is where we need to be to affect change.

Medea and Ann have already been at several hearings, and YES, the Congress is finally having hearings on the war in Iraq = the proposed build-up to be specific.

Ann got to stand up and testify (without getting kicked out) already too. Apparently she was sickened by Lieberman’s pro-escalation of the occupation of Iraq. She stood up and said something like insurgents are created by our occupation, not by our pulling out of Iraq.

We are meeting tonite at our temporary “headquarters”, the Al-Fishawee Internet Cafe where excellent organic vegan food, reliable internet access, and abundant CodePINK women gather!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home