Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, January 07, 2011

Guadalupe

As I sit out front sipping my tea and blogging, a lovely womon approaches my table excitedly and asks me if I own the truck in the parking lot. She’s grabs me and hugs me and declares, among other things in rapid spanish, that she's been looking for me.

She is very excited about growing organically. She has been wanting to grow organic, she believes in organic, she can’t believe I am here.

And it’s impossible to find organic produce here.

Guadalupe, her 2 daughters and her niece enthusiastically circle the truck, reading and absorbing the messages. She asks me if I am selling organic seeds. I tell her I am giving organic seeds away.

She wants corn. Of course I have no corn. Why didn’t I try to get corn seeds before I left. GRRRRRR.

I show Guadalupe my truck, my little house, my veggie oil tank, when we walk over to get the seeds out the back. She is excited and pleased – and her enthusiasm makes me so happy!

I get out my bag of seeds and she chooses a few of each. I have to put more seeds into her little envelopes that she makes for the seeds, to ensure she has enough that will grow.

I’m SOOOOOOOO excited I even consider staying here longer to get to know her better. We exchange email addresses and I tell her about Miguel, the organic farmer I met a couple of days ago.

Guadalupe has a car and so I give her a CodePINK bumper sticker and pins for her and the girls. 

She insists on giving me 100 pesos – which is almost $10. I try to refuse but she tells me it is her contribution for more seeds for more womyn that I meet.

I hope I will get to know her thru email maybe! And I know her and her girls will grow peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home