Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Surviving the nite in Michoacán’s La Playa Azul


 
I sit on the warm beach and wonder how I’ve allowed myself to miss the sun setting over the ocean recently. Too busy, too many tall buildings in Manzanillo, but here I have a spectacular view.

When the sun set has said her final a do, I return to Daniel’s restaurant in the dark. The workers are folding table cloths and leaning the backs of white plastic chairs against the square white plastic tables.

Daniel asks if I want the light shining brightly over the tables on for the whole night. I say lord (to my self) and no (outloud), unless he normally does that.

I drive into the spot, close to the tall trees that border the restaurant. I break a branch off one of the trees and hear a dreadful ‘ping’ on top of my truck. I’m worried I’ve broken glass on a solar panel but everything seems to be working normally.

I leave my door open for the beginning of the night, as it is terribly hot inside the camper, and I feel it’s okay to do that here.

And I sleep in the top bunk so I have a view of the ocean through my small windows, and the black sky through my sunroof windows. The moon is a thin crescent and the stars are radiant pricks of sparkles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home