Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The HOT PINK SURGE is escalating!

We met again tonite at the Café Al-Fishawee.

Sharp anticipation, excitement, and determination dissipate the frigid air clinging to our bundled outerwear as we enter the hot cafe. At least 30 or 40 CodePINKers are here, working hard on getting the Walk In Their Shoes installation ready for tomorrow.

There are 4 huge pieces of pink plexiglas lying on the ground with names of killed Iraqis written on the sides. Wimmin are gluing the edges so we can make a huge box. The shoes, each tagged with the name of an dead Iraq womon, child, or man, will be placed into the box tomorrow at the installation on the Mall – 3rd and Madison at noon!

The shoes will be places inside the box as someone reads the names and any other information we have.

I do not stay too long – we have lots of details to work out at the house, futons to pick up, food to buy, beds to make!

Tons of CodePINKers have been working hard on getting all of this together, and we’re doing it! We are making herstory. Join us – you won’t be sorry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home