Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, December 31, 2010

Men afuera, womyn adentro (men out, womyn in)

I wonder how happy this town is going to get for this new years eve. I park alongside the pier off one of the two dirt and stone roads that access the pier from the main paved road.

The house closest to where I am parked is playing really loud music, not untypical for México – so loud I can hear it as I walk the pier at least 7 houses away. And there is a fenced field and empty lot between my truck and this house.

They turn it down as the sun is setting, I don’t know if it’s out of deference to me or if for some other reason. I wonder if the volume will rise as the drinking rises tonite.

I am thinking of maybe heading back to chalapa tomorrow – I should have asked at restaurants this afternoon when I stopped there for veggie oil but I wasn’t in the mood. I was focused on finding a nice place to park for tonite and I’ve found one.

I wish I wish I wish México wasn’t so full of men who hang outside and womyn who hang behind doors or around cooking fires. It is so easy to meet men, but not so easy to meet womyn.

Or maybe I’ll head to the ocean and find restaurants there to get oil from. I have less than ¼ tank of veggie oil – and I’ve gone over 700 miles since I practically filled up on that beach so many days ago!

I still have the 2 buckets of smelly oil and one 20 liter container of crappy oil that I need to get rid of.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home