Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Friday, December 31, 2010

No internet


No internet. Well, one thing I want wherever I live is internet. I guess I don’t have to have it exactly where I live but I need to reach it easily. I really do want it where I live, especially if I don’t live in a large city.

I have chosen this little village to camp at tonite.

There are few houses on the west side of the paved road, but mostly on the east side, closer to the water. And the town has built a maybe 30 foot wide cement pier along the lake, between the lake and the houses or fields with cows, donkeys, horses.

Every few feet on top of the pier there is a large iron bench with back and arms facing the water. The water itself is amazing, lapping the pier, which is most likely little more than ½ mile long – I will know better tomorrow morning when I ‘jog’ it.

Trees and tall grass grow scattered in the lake close to the pier and birds of all kinds are swimming, flying, perching around. It is so beautiful I am filled with that intense feeling that brings tears, especially as the sun begins to set.

The eastern sky fills with pinks and reds, hovering over the opposite shore as the sun is blocked early by the high mountains in the west. Then the water reflects the sunset and 100’s of birds begin flying crazily around.

I wish I knew my birds. Swallows come to mind but they are small, smaller than robins, charcoal black with what I think are white bellies. They fly so swiftly and so close to me if think if I stood up I’d probably knock one of them out, or they’d knock me out.

They must be catching insects, they are so crazed and determined in their speedy flying.

A car pulls up and two men get out. They watch the sunset and then one approaches me as the other drives off.

He is Itan, maybe in his 30’s, from Guadalajara now, but born and raised here. He is visiting family. We speak in Spanish the whole time and when he leaves, he asks me to come with him. I decline and he appears hurt, but graciously leaves.

I watch the stars suddenly appear but it gets too cold. I retire to my camper, darken the windows, and read until the loud music starts. I hope I am not parked right in the middle of the planned festivities.

I can hear a band at the end of the pier, where there is a brick building. And I can hear people driving up, parking, and maybe going to the building or hanging on the pier.

I do not feel social so I go to sleep. I hope people will forgive me, if I’m in their way or if I’m being anti-social.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home