Code Pink Journals CodePINK Journals

Work 4 Peace,Hold All Life Sacred,Eliminate Violence! I am on my mobile version of the door-to-door, going town-to-town holding readings/gatherings/discussions of my book "But What Can I Do?" This is my often neglected blog mostly about my travels since 9/11 as I engage in dialogue and actions. It is steaming with my opinions, insights, analyses toward that end of holding all life sacred, dismantling the empire and eliminating violence while creating the society we want ALL to thrive in

Monday, December 12, 2011

Occupy Las Cruces

I find the Occupy Las Cruces! Right in front of the library and to the side of City Hall, just as the woman from the co-op has said.

When I get here, I see about 5 tents set up on a broad, thick grassy lawn with a couple of trees, between the parking lot and the road - so there is great visibility of the site from the busy streets that border two sides of the Occupy.

About 5 people, 4 males and one woman, are hanging around talking. I introduce myself, let everyone know I am coming from Occupy D.C. going from occupy-to-occupy, offering workshops, and Anndrea quickly grabs me and asks me if I'll give them a workshop on how to build their Occupy.

Apparently the white male who was bottom-lining the physical site for 2 months has just stormed off in a huff, quitting on the spot. Earlier, he had given a 2 week notice, but tonite he abruptly left.

I want to do a workshop on Racism Awareness, especially because of the proximity to Juarez, and on DRONES, especially given the proximity to the UAV testing site.

But I am asked to help them with the organizing of their Occupy, now that Sasha has stormed away.

I agree and think I can do kind of a "pitfalls and successes" workshop. So I will stay until tomorrow evening.

I also meet a fellow Jason who is an environmentalist. He is helping me find veggie oil, I hope! We call several restaurants but are told they already have contracts with companies to pick up their oil. I'm wary of getting restaurant oil along the road anyway, because I only have a filter that removes particles, not water.

One day I hope I have the funds for a centrifuge so I can eliminate the water from the oil immediately. At home, or if I'm stationary for a few weeks, I can let the oil sit and the water will sink to the bottom.

Jason has given me the number of a biodiesel manufacturer in Anthony, on the state line of Texas & New Mexico, and I am waiting for him to call me back after he checks the water content of his oil. YEAH! Workshop and veggie oil! I'm in heaven! Altho I do need to get home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home