I think it is inevitable, that we occupy both the white house and the pentagon at some date in the near future. How about beginning March 8th, International Women's Day!
We are working on a manifesto - here is already the 5th or 6th draft! PLEASE comment, improve - but most of all COMMIT to coming to D.C. and occupying beginning March 8th, if not sooner!
We the people demand
1) An immediate, complete and unconditional withdrawal of all U.S. military, contractors, corporations from every combat zone we are in including but not limited to Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, Haiti
2) An immediate cessation to building any new military bases; and/or “U.S. embassies” over 50 people.
3) An immediate closure of ALL drone &/or any other robotic warfare installations, bases, launching pads, weapons & military-use research etc.
4) Amnesty and immediate release from prison of all persons imprisoned for non-violent “crimes” including political prisoners; the criminally insane moved to special institutions that really care for them; people willing to commit violence moved to special facilities that can protect others from their violence and really care for them, resulting in the closure and use re-appropriation of existing prisons.
5) A closure of all U.S. military bases around the world, bringing all our troops, contractors, corporations home within one year; and re-appropriation of those resources to the poor of the country of origin with adequate monetary resources to transition to non-military uses, decided upon by the poorest people.
6) Legalize all drugs and decriminalize prostitution, making it legal to sell sex and/or drugs. Follow Sweden’s example: make it criminal to buy sex with huge fines & long prison terms for those buying sex; simultaneously provide choice of 4 year training program and total support for prostitutes who want to seek a new career.
7) Fully funded universal healthcare, public education, and housing for all provided for by reversing the current tax structure & eliminating all tax breaks and/or deductions: people with incomes above $1 million pay 50% of their income taxes; above $500,000 30% taxes; above $250,000 25%; above $100,000 20%; above $25,000 10%.
8) An immediate ban on all pesticides, fertilizers, gmo or engineered foods
9) An immediate closure of all nuclear power plants, coal plants; an immediate 50% reduction in our consumption of energy; and an immediate transfer to providing subsidies and support for alternative energy
10) An immediate cessation of the manufacture of all weapons, and the selling of any weapon at home or abroad.
11) Disarm all military & police & public
12) All healthcare & education debt immediately canceled; all credit card interest debt canceled & monthly payments reduced according to ability to pay; & mortgage interest debt (for mortgages up to $500,000)immediately canceled, payments reduced according to ability to pay; mortgages over $500,000, all interest debt collected goes to subsidizing quality affordable housing for low-income people
13) Immediately nationalize oil, drug, & bank corporations; nationalize all corporations within one year, and finance business whose purpose is based on public good and not profits.
14) The wealth of the 1% (the 51% of U.S. wealth) distributed as reparations to the Indigenous People of this country, African Americans, and all the peoples of all the countries of the world we have attacked, bombed, invaded, occupied since we began colonizing the world. The remaining 49% of U.S. wealth needs to be redistributed equitably among the 100% of this nation.
15) Place a national cap on all annual salaries, including “perks”, at $250,000 and a minimum annual salary of $25,000 – so no one makes less than $25,000 or more than $250,000, with an eventual leveling off where all adults are paid the same salary including mothers whose salaries begin at the highest end.